Saturday, June 22, 2013

New yarn... cotton/ hemp



I decided that I was going to make something with my yarn. It is from Martha Stewart, and is a cotton/hemp blend called Peacock. I decided that I would try out a new pattern for a dishcloth! I am learning some new lace patterns. The yarn has a very nice texture. I love the richness of the color... but the yarn has a tendency to fray and it is very easy to mix up the stitches if you are not paying attention. Overall... I would still buy this product, but would not use it for a lace pattern!

I joined a Knit Along Group on yahoo. Every month we knit 2 dishcloths in different patterns. It is a lot of fun! I don't always keep up with everyone, but it is fun when I am able to keep up!

To join the group click here. It is really fun and all of the people in the group are very helpful!

Well off to knit and knit somemore...

Happy Crafting!
S.

No comments: